Until We Meet Again

Our cat, Ivar, has been missing since December 2nd. I put this video together of some photos that hopefully captures his quirky, loving personality.

Please visit our YouTube Channel to enjoy the silly antics of our cats, real time adventures of the Deerski Family, the beautiful nature of our property and updates on what’s happening on the 54 Acres of Pure Glory.

All photos and videos on this site were shot/created by Candice~Marie. Please do not use without permission.

14 Comments Add yours

1. ghostmmnc says:

Such a sweet kitty. Hope he turns up back home soon. ❤

Liked by 1 person

1. Candice~Marie says:

Thank you, us, too. We would be so excited if he just reappeared!

Liked by 1 person

2. Aww, I really hope Ivar comes back soon. 💗 Back at my old house, we had several outside cats, and unfortunately, we had the same thing happen. It’s absolutely heartbreaking.

Liked by 1 person

1. Candice~Marie says:

Thank you for sharing that. I’m from the city so all our pets were indoor pets. The cats going outside is new to me and losing Ivar has been hard on us. However, he and our other two cats have a good quality of life being able to go in and out as they please and I think they prefer to be free rather than locked up in the house so we will continue with that and try to be a little stronger, although, I think it’s ok to feel something even tho it’s hard…. 😊

Liked by 1 person

1. Of course, no problem! Cats are like family, so it’s very difficult to lose them, or have anything bad happen to them. It does hurt. But, I agree that it’s perfectly okay to feel that way. And I’m sure your cats love the quality of life and love that you give them. From the pictures I’ve seen, they seem very happy. I’m wishing you and your family the very best! I’m hoping Ivar comes back soon, as well! 💖

Liked by 1 person

2. Candice~Marie says:

Thank you!

Liked by 1 person

3. weggieboy says:

My sister had a cat that disappeared for 10 months. After doing all the things one does to try to find a cat – the posters, telling the neighbors to look out for the cat, checking the local shelters – she finally spotted a cat on a shelter website that looked suspiciously like her Sox. She called the shelter, arranged to see the cat, and Sox was really, really, really happy to see my sister again! He was in rough shape but home again after she paid a fee. I hope you have the same good fortune with your cat.

My two are inside cats, yet one managed to slip past me when I had the door open to check for mail. He had a few hours to explore, then find out there was no easy food to find, no water, and there was lots of snow to chill and make him miserable. He was very happy to be found and returned to me! (He was hiding behind a snowdrift not too far from my front door, perhaps 200 feet from the comfort of home.)

Liked by 1 person

1. Candice~Marie says:

Wow, I’m glad you both were able to be reunited with your cats. 10 months is a long time! My cats are all chipped so if they end up at a shelter they ahould automatically get scanned for the chip. I wasn’t sure about if someone picked him up with the intention of keeping him and if the vet would scan. When I called, they said they only scan if the people say they found him. I have posted the video EVERWHERE in hopes if someone has him, it might make them think… I’m not surprised your kitty that escaped wasn’t too far! My general feeling about Ivar is that he could be nearby. Or, who knows, I have no idea, really. He will always have a home here.

1. weggieboy says:

I’ve wondered, too, if someone would have the lost kitty scanned for a chip, but I think when you notify shelters, groomers, and veterinarian clinic of a missing pet by way of a missing pet notice featuring a good photo of the missing cat, the odds a cat looking anything like yours surely would get scanned. Best of wishes for a quick return of your kitty, regardless of how it comes about! It is a terrible worry when you don’t know if they are finding food to eat, a safe place to be. SInce my kitties are black, I worry they might be harmed by stupid, ignorant, superstitious people, too.

I once had a really sweet and well behaved shelter ginger tabby. He’d been neutered. All indications were he was a previously owned kitty, yet he wasn’t chipped and no one ever showed up to claim him. What a tragedy for that family, too, because he was was the best of cats and I would have hated to lose him. On the other hand, had anyone claimed him, I would understand why they wanted him back.

Liked by 1 person

2. Candice~Marie says:

Yes, I also have one black kitty. I post a lot to some facebook groups in the town so hopefully people know my cats, it’s a small town. One woman was telling me people drop off unwanted cats by her property so she has 10 strays, none of them were Ivar, though. It definitely is a terrible worry.

3. weggieboy says:

Don’t give up hope! I hope for the best for you. It’s a terrible thing not to know if your kitty is safe, finding shelter and food.

Liked by 1 person

4. The Hinoeuma says:

I hope he returns, soon.

Liked by 1 person